The Mysteries of Udolpho Volume 3, Chapter 2
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Volume 3, Chapter 2
- Annette fills Em in on how she knew Barnardine was bad: she watched from the terrace as the evil porter tried to kidnap Em.
- Em wants to see Montoni ASAP, but he puts off seeing her for a day.
- Meanwhile, Em hears more than strange music at night. There's the distinct sound of moaning around midnight.
- Naturally, Em wants to know who's moaning. She leans over the casement and sees a human form creeping below her window.
- With her imagination running wild, Em thinks it could be a captive from the dungeon.