The Mysteries of Udolpho Volume 4, Chapter 10
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Volume 4, Chapter 10
- Em heads on over to Tholouse, moping over Valancourt the whole way. This is the kind of breakup that requires a few pints of Ben & Jerry's.
- Arriving at Tholouse is like taking a trip down memory lane with Valancourt. All Em can think about is the happy times they shared together.
- Just when she's getting particularly upset, she catches a glimpse of a familiar face on the terrace. It looks like Valancourt, it moves like Valancourt… and she's pretty convinced it is Valancourt.
- Probably-Valancourt hightails it off of the property before Em can react.
- Annette is chattering away to Em a few days later when she mentions that the gardener shot a robber in the garden the other night.
- Em's mind immediately flashes to the worst scenario. Could the "robber" be Valancourt?
- Apparently, the guy made it away without being killed. But there's definitely a track of blood on the ground. Things aren't looking good for guys who hang out in the bushes.