The Mysteries of Udolpho Volume 4, Chapter 18
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Volume 4, Chapter 18
- Even though the Count's okey-dokey with Valancourt now, he doesn't yet tell Emily that she's in the clear to marry him. He's a busy guy and all.
- Plus, his only daughter is getting married to Monsieur St. Foix.
- One evening, Em's out wandering as she often likes to do. You betcha she runs into Valancourt.
- Of course, he thinks the Count's already cleared his name. No such luck, Valancourt.
- Valancourt tells Em all about how he's a stand-up guy, and Em gets all starry-eyed.
- First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes little Valancourts and Ems in a baby carriage!
- When the two head back to the chateau, the Count is there offer his congrats. Way to avoid the hard stuff, Count.