The Mysteries of Udolpho Volume 4, Chapter 5
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Volume 4, Chapter 5
- Em makes the mistake of telling loudmouth Annette all about the ghostly figure, which means half the castle knows by the morning.
- Luckily, there are some new visitors to distract from the ghost stories. The Baron de Saint Foix and his cute son, the Chevalier St. Foix, show up at the chateau.
- The Chevalier St. Foix is into Blanche in a big way. It's about time someone besides Em got some attention around here.
- On a quiet evening when Em takes a walk around the chateau grounds, she hears some more strange music. This girl seems to attract musicians wherever she goes.
- Em sits and listens for a while, and then retreats back to the castle.
- Meanwhile, Annette is whipping the servants up into a frenzy about the ghost in the Marchioness's room.
- The brave Ludovico offers to stay the night in the Marchioness's room to put an end to the rumors for once and all. Maybe he's a proto-Ghost Hunter.