Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part 4, Chapter 5
- Octavian can't believe he's back in the Canaan house.
- There's no freedom, especially no freedom of movement, and it's like he never left the house.
- It's the worst. He really just can't believe that he's back in the house where…
- But Octavian doesn't show what he writes because he's scratched it out completely.
- But we can guess what he means…
- He means Cassiopeia, because he goes on to tell us about how, the last time he was imprisoned, it was in the ice house at that place in Boston.
- Back then, he had his mother there with him, and she would speak comforting words to him.
- He moans again about returning to "that house of death."
- And then, these last words, lightly scratched out: "There is no."
More on The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing: Traitor to the Nation, Volume I: The Pox Party