The Once and Future King Book 3, Chapter 10
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Book 3, Chapter 10
- Lancelot asks Uncle Dap if Guenever is in love with him. His uncle tells him he'd better go ask Guenever, and not him.
- We learn that Lancelot doesn't just run off with Guenever because—for one—he's a Christian. This pretty much puts a damper on the pair just having an affair.
- Also, the idea of chivalry, of the type Arthur has now tried to get going, makes Lancelot not want to just run off with Guenever.
- Basically, grabbing Guen and taking off would be just another form of Might is Right, which Arthur and Lancelot are desperately fighting against.
- Finally, Lance can't do it because he hates himself.