The Once and Future King Book 3, Chapter 15
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Book 3, Chapter 15
- On the same day Arthur returns from France, Sir Bors (Lancelot's cousin) shows up at Camelot telling everyone that Elaine had given birth to Lancelot's son, whom she named Galahad.
- And now Guenever is mad. Apparently, Lancelot conveniently left out the whole sleeping with Elaine episode when he was spilling his heart's darkest secrets to her.
- Of course, though, Elaine means nothing to him, he assures Guen.
- Wrong thing to say: she should mean something to him, especially now that she has his son.
- Lance then tells her the entire story: how Elaine got him drunk, and made up the pretense of Guenever being at a nearby castle.
- Now, Guen wants to kill Elaine, but Lancelot assures her it was not her fault, either. Which is confusing, because exactly whose fault is it, then?
- Even though they make up, there are now seeds of doubt planted in their relationship.