The Once and Future King Book 3, Chapter 21
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Book 3, Chapter 21
- Elaine is in a nunnery, because she knows that she'll never be able to love anyone ever again. So, she's resigning herself to this kind of life.
- She gets a short vacation, though, and visits her father during the knighting celebration.
- A girl tells her that a man is sleeping near a well, and recognizes the Wild Man as Lancelot.
- He has apparently washed his face and combed his hair after being dressed in his fine gown. It's awakened some memories within him.
- King Pelles and his servants take care of him, and after a short time, Lancelot regains his wits.
- He's worried that lots of people have seen him during his breakdown.