The Once and Future King Book 3, Chapter 23
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Book 3, Chapter 23
- Elaine throws a big tournament for Lancelot, and (of course) he really kicks butt and defeats every single knight. He doesn't kill anyone, though.
- She notices for the first time that the female figure on his shield that she thought was her is actually Guenever (since she's crowned). Talk about rubbing salt into wounds.
- A little bit after the tournament, two random knights show up at Joyous Island, wanting to joust Le Chevalier.
- Lancelot jousts and then sword fights with the first knight.
- When the knight demands to know Le Chevalier's real name, Lancelot admits who he really is.
- Turns out, these are knights from Arthur's court: Degalis and Lancelot's own brother, Ector Demaris (and not Ector, Arthur's foster-father).
- Guen has sent knights out to search for Lancelot, spending a lot of cash to do so.
- Elaine watches all of this, and knows she must welcome them, even though she also knows that her temporary happiness is now probably at an end.