The Once and Future King Book 3, Chapter 9
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Book 3, Chapter 9
- Guenever is thrilled that all of these people are coming to court as her captives. She pardons all of them.
- Then, Lance shows up, and wants to get the scoop on everything he's missed in the last year while he's been out adventuring.
- Really, though, he's just babbling to fill the silence. He's nervous around Guenever and Arthur.
- For one thing, Arthur is now basically Emperor of all Europe.
- Too bad for Arthur: in trying to make a Round Table that would work as a sort of peace-keeping force, he's been able to do nothing but fight to keep the people of England in line.
- Also, Morgause has been having affairs left and right.
- Arthur laments that his fellowship has now become a sort of gang and their activities have turned from protecting the weak into sportsmanship. Now, the knights are competing with each other.
- There are a lot of rumors, gossip, and backstabbing going on.
- We learn that Gawain is more than likely holding a grudge against Lancelot for defeating him that one time.
- Arthur notices Lancelot and Guenever making goo goo eyes at each other, and tries to ignore it.