One Crazy Summer Chapter 31
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Turns out, Cecile had been released just in time to make it to the rally.
- The girls see her in the crowd and go running toward her, happy she heard them recite her poem.
- It's weird, but Cecile seems different—she even compliments Vonetta and Fern (without actually saying Fern's name of course).
- But the crowd surrounds her before she can compliment her oldest daughter, which Delphine is sure she was just about to do.
- Then Cecile leaves. She's not one for the spotlight or rallies; she wants to go home.
- The girls, on the other hand, stay and enjoy themselves.
- They're flying back to Brooklyn tomorrow, so Fern and Vonetta play with the younger Ankton sisters, while Delphine and Eunice sit together, good friends now.
- Then Hirohito comes over.
- Eunice, perceptive as she is, calls him out for liking Delphine.
- And then Eunice gets Delphine by saying she likes Hirohito, too.
- This is when Delphine thinks of Eunice as more of a sister than a friend: No one has ever gotten her like this before.
- Instead of denying the crushes, Hirohito and Delphine both just say "So," which is as good as a marriage vow when you're eleven going on twelve.
One Crazy Summer Chapter 31 Study Group
Ask questions, get answers, and discuss with others.
Tired of ads?
Join today and never see them again.