Orange Is the New Black Chapter 5
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Down the Rabbit Hole
- Before Piper and her roomies can sort out cleaning duties, Piper gets moved to B Dorm with Miss Natalie Malcolm, who is like the best bunkmate ever, quiet and clean.
- Not everyone is that great, though, and one woman pees into a neighbor's cubicle in the middle of the night.
- On Valentine's Day, Piper gets a lot of cards, including some from women who want to make her "gay for the stay" (5.31).
- On February 17, Piper finally gets to buy commissary, including squeezy cheese and hot sauce.
- Unfortunately, they're out of radios, meaning that Piper still can't hear the weekly movie.
- One night, Piper lends Their Eyes Were Watching God to a woman in her dorm. The woman doesn't like it, preferring the literary genius of Sister Souljah to Zora Neale Hurston.
- B Dorm has its perks, like a choice of bathroom and a microwave for homemade, er, prisonmade treats.
- Piper still spends most of her days reading, until she's finally eligible to apply for a job. Job of choice? Teaching the GED program.
Orange Is the New Black Chapter 5 Study Group
Ask questions, get answers, and discuss with others.
Tired of ads?
Join today and never see them again.