Parable of the Sower Chapter 9
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Sunday, August 17, 2025
- Lauren's parents get Keith a BB gun for his birthday. In this case, Lauren says, their usual good judgment has failed them.
- Keith takes the gun and leaves beyond the wall.
- Lauren's father goes out searching for his son. He even asks the police for help.
- Cory is upset, so Lauren teaches her classes.
Tuesday, August 19, 2025
- Lauren's father is still looking for Keith, and Lauren is still teaching Cory's classes.
- Cory accuses her husband of not trying hard to find Keith; she says if it were Lauren missing, he'd try harder.
- Lauren's father apologizes to Lauren on behalf of Cory for that statement, but Lauren doesn't really believe Cory is sorry.
Thursday, August 30, 2025
- Keith returns with new clothes—even new shoes. He won't reveal how he obtained them, so Lauren's father beats him up.
- Lauren vomits out of empathy with Keith, due to her syndrome.
- Marcus, one of Lauren's other brothers, helps her get back to her bedroom, where he sleeps on the floor so that he won't have to stay in the same room as Keith.
Saturday, October 25, 2025
- Keith goes out again, and this time he takes not only Cory's gate key but also her gun.
- Lauren's father refuses to go out to look for Keith and sleeps alone in his office.
- Lauren decides she hates Keith for what he's doing to her family.
Monday, November 3, 2025
- Keith returns home, bringing Cory a fat roll of cash.
- Cory takes the money, even though she must know it's stolen money or drug money or worse.
- Keith gives gifts to Bennett and Gregory and then leaves again before Lauren's father returns home.
- Cory despairs at Keith leaving, but he promises her he'll come back with more presents.