Pericles, Prince of Tyre Act 2, Scene 5
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Act 2, Scene 5
Read the full text of Pericles Act 2 Scene 5 with a side-by-side translation HERE.
- Meanwhile, back at the palace in Pentapolis, King Simonides breaks some bad news to the eager knights.
- King Simonides says that Thaisahas decided she doesn't want to get married just yet, so all the knights shouldjust go back home and cool their heels.
- They all leave... except for Pericles, who shows up late for breakfast.
- King Simonides starts to mess with his head and accuses him of trying to put the moves on Thaisa.
- Pericles is totally offended and whips out his sword, but then Simonides is all, "Haha, just kidding.Thaisa wants to marry you."
- Pericles and Thaisa get engaged, and King Simonides is all, "You kids should hurry up and get hitched soyou can have sex ASAP."
- Okay, Shmoopers. We're not exactly sure why this guy is so preoccupied with his daughter's sex life. We want togive him the benefit of the doubt and say he's anxious to have an heir to his kingdom. We also want to give him props for not seducing his own daughter like some kings we know. Antiochus, we're looking at you here.
Pericles, Prince of Tyre Act 2, Scene 5 Study Group
Ask questions, get answers, and discuss with others.
Tired of ads?
Join today and never see them again.