Advertisement - Guide continues below
Act 3, Scene 4
Read the full text of Pericles Act 3 Scene 4 with a side-by-side translation HERE.
- Back in Ephesus, our favorite doctor, Cerimon, has been taking care of Thaisa.
- Cerimon shows Thaisa the letter and the jewels he found in her coffin, and she verifies her hubby'shandwriting.
- Thaisa says she remembers going into labor on the ship, but she doesn't know if she delivered the baby.
- In any case, she assumes she'll never see Pericles again and decides to become a nun.
- Cerimon tells her she should go live in Diana's temple for the rest of her life.
- (And, yeah, we know that nuns are Catholic and Diana is an ancient Roman goddess, but whatever, they all havesomething in common: they don't hook up with men. Ever.)
More on Pericles, Prince of Tyre