Pericles, Prince of Tyre Act 4, Scene 1
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Act 4, Scene 1
Read the full text of Pericles Act 4 Scene 1 with a side-by-side translation HERE.
- Wicked Dionyza meets up with her hitman, Leonine.
- Dionyza warns Leonine not to wimp out when he goes to snuff out little Marina, even if the kid starts crying andbegging and stuff.
- Marina comes walking along with a basket of flowers. She's crying for her dead nurse, Lychorida.
- Dionyza tells Marina to stop blubbering and take a nice, long walk along the seashore with Uncle Leonine—itwill totally make her feel better to get some fresh air.
- Marina agrees and starts getting chatty—she talks about her birth at sea and shares the stories she's heardabout her parents.
- Leonine tells her she better say her prayers because he's a busy guy, and he has to hurry up and kill her.
- Shocked, Marina tries to talk Leonine out of it. She points out that she's a really good person and has never hurtanyone in her entire life.
- Then, out of nowhere, a bunch of pirates jump out and kidnap Marina. Seriously. We couldn't even begin to makethat up, folks.
- Leonine runs away like a scaredy-cat and says he'll tell Dionyza he killed Marina and threw her in the ocean.
- Leonine figures the pirates will probably rape Marina on their ship before they toss her overboard.
Pericles, Prince of Tyre Act 4, Scene 1 Study Group
Ask questions, get answers, and discuss with others.
Tired of ads?
Join today and never see them again.