Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Iran starts shutting down faster than the mall on Christmas Eve. They shut down the U.S. embassy and the universities.
- Soon, all women are forced to wear the veil.
- Marji's mother tells Marji that if she's ever asked what she does during the day, she should say she prays.
- One day, she accompanies her parents to a demonstration, where she sees someone stabbed in the leg.
- That's the last demonstration they go to.
- They take a vacation to Spain. It's nice, but when they return, Grandma tells them that a new war is starting, this time with Saddam Hussein.