Advertisement - Guide continues below
- One day, Marji is out shopping with her friend when she hears that her neighborhood has been bombed.
- She grabs a taxi and races home. It's not just her neighborhood that's been hit: it's her street.
- Freaking out, she finds her mom. Their house is safe, but the next door neighbor's house was obliterated.
- Mom tries to tell Marji that the neighbors are okay, but Marji spots her neighbor Neda's bracelet… and it's still attached to a part of Neda that is no longer attached to the rest of her.
- Marji practically blacks out from the trauma.
More on Persepolis