- Marjane starts reading again to bone up on her friends' interests: Bakunin and Marx.
- She even tries to pee standing up as recommended by Simone de Beauvoir, but she makes a mess. Maybe she should put Cheerios in the toilet to improve her aim…
- One night, she makes a pot of pasta and watches TV in the common room with the nuns.
- A nun yells at her for eating out of a pot. The nun has the audacity to say, "[Iranians] have no education" (22.32).
- Marjane responds, "You were all prostitutes before becoming nuns" (22.33)…
- And that's how Marjane gets expelled from yet another school.
- She's lucky enough to get to move in with Julie, but she never sees Lucia again.