- Marji reads and reads and reads and realizes that the biggest problem with the world is the divide between social classes.
- She recognizes the divide firsthand when her maid, Mehri, falls in love with the boy next door, but is forbidden to pursue him because she is a much lower class than he.
- He wears a Bee Gees shirt, so maybe this is for the best?
- Later, Marji gets Mehri to take her to a demonstration.
- Afterward, Marji's mother is angry. They had demonstrated on "Black Friday"—not the hellish shopping day, but a day when many Iranians were killed by their own country's soldiers.