Advertisement - Guide continues below
- In Kingsport, Rachel can't sleep at first; she worries each time she hears a train or a noise outside.
- After a few days, though, she gets used to the sounds and feels more comfortable.
- Sheriff McDowell comes to visit her with some good news and some bad news.
- The good news? He has some money for her to live on for a while.
- Rachel feels badly and protests until she learns that it's not the sheriff's money anyway. She doesn't know where it came from, but she's grateful.
- The bad news? He's not sheriff anymore. They fired him after Pemberton put a call in to the senator.
- She's really bummed for the guy.
- McDowell tells her that he thinks she should stay as far away as possible because they are still after her.
- He's going to try to settle this the old-fashioned way (ahem, by killing them), but he hopes it doesn't come to that.
- Rachel confesses that she'd kill the Pembertons herself if she didn't have Jacob around to take care of.
- When she thinks about where to go, Rachel remembers that Joel once said Seattle is supposed to be beautiful all year round. She might just make her way there and see for herself.
More on Serena