Advertisement - Guide continues below
Chapter 1, Section 7
- The narrator then goes on to what he calls the scrawny years, when he and his wife had lost all of their baby fat.
- He's a P.R. guy for General Electric in Schenectady, New York.
- All the nicest people he meets in Schenectady, the people who really hate war, are people who'd fought the hardest during the war.
- The narrator writes to the Air Force about the Dresden air raid, asking who ordered it, how many planes were involved, and what their objectives were.
- The Air Force writes back and says that all this is still top-secret.
- Our narrator reads this letter aloud to his wife and says, "Secret? My God—from whom?" (1.69).
More on Slaughterhouse-Five