- Santiago arrives at the old church with a shovel. He drinks some wine, and falls asleep. In the morning he starts digging at the base of the tree.
- He yells into the sky that it was all a trick, that he didn't need to go all the way to the pyramids and get beaten up if the treasure was right here all along.
- The wind tells him that if he hadn't gone he wouldn't have seen the beautiful pyramids.
- After digging for a while Santiago finds a chest full of Spanish gold coins, jewels, masks, and statues.
- As he's packing up his treasure, Santiago gets a kiss on the wind from Fatima. He smiles.