The Danish Girl Chapter 14
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Greta has become quite the paintaholic. She has over one hundred Lili paintings, and when she isn't painting Lili, she's doing illustrations for magazines and other publications.
- It's overwhelming, and she has trouble with her backgrounds, so she asks Einar, the famous landscape painter, to help her.
- He does the backgrounds for her as Einar, and poses for her as Lili.
- Greta thinks back to right before they moved to Paris.
- It seems they moved for a reason Greta has kept a secret: Dr. Hexler threatened to report Einar and Lili to the health authorities saying they "could become a danger to society" (14.18). Ugh.
- Now they live in Paris, where Hans lives.
- Hans often flirts with Greta, but Greta wants to stay loyal to her husband and to Lili.
- She would like him to be her dealer, however, and she convinces him to take a look at her paintings. She will bring them by next week.
The Danish Girl Chapter 14 Study Group
Ask questions, get answers, and discuss with others.
Tired of ads?
Join today and never see them again.