The Ear, the Eye, the Arm Chapter 4
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Riding in her limo, Mother looks out across the city. Her mind wanders.
- As she thinks back to praise that morning, she realizes that something is not right. What was different? What did the Mellower say?
- It dawns on her like a nightmare, and she tells the driver to turn the limo around—now.
- Meanwhile, Tendai, Rita, and Kuda navigate their way to the bus stop. They've never seen so many people in their life and it's a little unsettling.
- Someone steps on their feet; they see a rat. So far, this long-awaited adventure isn't all it's cracked up to be.
- Tendai decides to buy the gang some chili-bites to cheer them up.
- As they are munching away, the kids see another praise singer. He's not as good as the Mellower of course, but they listen for a while anyway.
- Then something catches their attention: It's a blue monkey. People used to genetically engineer them, but they are illegal now.
- When the kids walk over to the blue monkey, he talks. Not only that, he can play the harmonica, too.
- The monkey leads them around the corner to a back alley. Before Tendai can object, someone puts chloroform on his face and he faints.