The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things Chapter 19
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- It's November 15, six days before Thanksgiving, and Virginia still hasn't told her parents she's going to Seattle.
- That night is Anaïs' honorary birthday party, and everybody will be in good spirits, so she plans to tell them then.
- Byron skips the celebration. He's in a deep funk, as he should be (not that we have any strong opinions or anything).
- By the way, Byron's friends are M.I.A. They've all ditched him. He's not the golden boy anymore, and he's not going to Paris after all.
- Dr. Shreves is psyched he'll be there for Thanksgiving.
- So much for telling them about Seattle.
- After dinner, Virginia and Shannon email. Shannon says to tell them, already, but Virginia says there's nothing anyone can do to convince them.