The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things Chapter 22
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Shannon and Virginia go out to explore Seattle.
- Virginia's brought along a picture of Froggy, who she's pining over big time.
- She and Shannon want to do something special to commemorate the trip and their friendship; they discuss what they could do.
- Friendship rings? Too overdone. Toe rings? Virginia has sensitive toes.
- They see a guy walk by with lots of piercings, and in a burst of courage, Virginia asks him where he got them done.
- He asks how old they are. She lies and says they're seventeen.
- They're still too young, he tells them, but if they go to a place on Capitol Hill called Holy Moly and tell a piercer named Sage that X sent them, he'll hook them up.
- The girls go and, as promised, Sage hooks them up. Virginia gets her eyebrow pierced, and Shannon gets her tongue pierced.
- That night at dinner, Liam and Nina are cool and approve of the piercings, though they want Dr. Shreves to know they had nothing to do with it.
- That night in the shower, Virginia masturbates for the first time since she found out about Byron.
- She's finally feeling something other than numb.