The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things Chapter 24
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Virginia thinks her toe is broken. The next day at school, she can barely walk, and Nurse Paul has to call her mom, who's with a patient.
- Dr. Shreves's secretary gives Nurse Paul the number for Dr. Love, the doctor with whom Virginia was forced to discuss her weight.
- Fortunately, he can fit her in right away.
- When she gets there, before he looks at her toe, he looks at her piercing and asks her about the burn scar on her finger from the candle.
- When he asks her what happened to her toe, she admits she kicked a dressing room wall.
- He tells her to find ways of channeling her anger that don't involve hurting herself, and suggests a kickboxing class for teenagers, taught by his friend, then gives her the information.
- On the way home, Virginia realizes she has to do something.
- She's going to Columbia to talk to Annie Mills.
- When she gets to the campus, she asks a student how to find the student directory, and the woman points her to the student center.
- Virginia pulls up the student directory and finds Annie's information.
- Her heart is pounding, so she writes it down and leaves. She's not quite ready to meet Annie yet.