The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things Chapter 28
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- On Christmas day, the Shreves family exchanges gift certificates. Togetherness.
- Virginia uses hers to buy an Ani DiFranco CD and a digital camera; she's thinking of starting a website.
- On New Year's Day, she goes to her first kickboxing class and is surprised to find she loves it.
- That night, she and Shannon have a bicoastal party of two, and get drunk for the first time; only Virginia and Byron are home, so Virginia's raiding their parents' liquor cabinet.
- Having gotten drunk, Virginia finally asks Byron if he regrets what he did to Annie.
- He says he does.
- She tells him he used to be her hero, but now she's realized he was always kind of a jerk to her, not to mention how much of a jerk he was to Annie.
- She also tells him he's got to take some responsibility for letting her put him on a pedestal.
- He says nothing, and Virginia goes to the bathroom and pukes.