The Fountainhead Part 1, Chapter 12
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part 1, Chapter 12
- We head over to a new scene: The Banner newspaper offices, owned by Gail Wynand.
- Alvah Scarrett, the paper's editor, assigns Dominique, a Banner reporter, a story on tenements in New York.
- Dominique makes like a Pulitzer-winning journalist and goes undercover in the tenements.
- But she writes a piece that is critical of the people living in tenements, and Scarrett is shocked.
- Dominique and Keating continue to meet, and he's scared of her...yet also drawn to her.
- Icy Dominique never seems moved by anything and never seems happy at all.
- Katie very unexpectedly comes to Keating's house one night.
- Our resident Mommy Dearest, Mrs. Keating, isn't thrilled to see her.
- Katie confesses that her uncle scares her, and she begs Keating to marry her soon.
- Keating says okay.
- His mom protests and makes him doubt himself. Keating needs a crash course in confidence.
- Keating then tells Kate he wants to postpone getting married, and Katie agrees, but both have a bad feeling about it.