The Fountainhead Part 1, Chapter 6
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part 1, Chapter 6
- In January 1925 Toohey publishes his hit book called Sermons in Stone. It's a history of architecture.
- This is a bestseller. Because of course a history of architecture would be a smash-hit? Erm...
- The book isn't just about architecture; it's also some sort of secret socialist manifesto that boos individualism and praises the collective mob.
- Cameron falls very ill and Roark has to shut down his firm.
- Keating is becoming a huge success, though we discover that his mom now lives with him. Ouch. That kind of puts a damper on his social life.
- Mommy dearest Keating begins pressuring him to marry Dominique, Guy Francon's daughter.
- Keating reacts by going to see his real true love, Katie.
- Mrs. Keating doesn't think Katie is good enough for Keating.
- Keating proposes to Katie but says they need to keep it a secret until he can earn enough money for them to marry.