The Fountainhead Part 2, Chapter 1
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part 2, Chapter 1
- Part 2 is called Ellsworth Toohey.
- Roark goes to work at a granite quarry in Connecticut.
- The work is exhausting, but Roark's granite quarry exercise regime probably has some health benefits that offset all the quarry dust he's inhaling.
- Dominique is staying by herself at a summer house in the area. She's on vacation solo.
- One day Dominique and Roark see one another and it is love/lust at first sight.
- Dominique spends her time thinking about Roark, and she starts trying to find out information about him.
- She starts chatting Roark up and tries to figure him out, but Roark doesn't spill and remains mysterious.
- She asks Roark why he's working there, and he says it's for the money.