Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part 2, Chapter 12
- The contract for the Aquitania hotel falls through. Lansing tried, but he couldn't win against the stupid board of directors.
- But Roark still has his temple.
- And then worse things happen.
- Stoddard cancels the opening for the temple and then sues Roark for breach of contract, saying that the temple looks like crap and that Roark is incompetent.
- This whole kerfuffle is extremely public, and nosey New York society is all over it.
- Toohey tells Dominique that people will now remember Roark for screwing up a project.
- Dominique is upset but tries to hide it from Toohey.
- The case goes to trial, and it's basically a three-ring circus.
- People like Keating testify against Roark.
- Dominique testifies for Stoddard but defends Roark by saying no one on earth deserves the temple since it's too good for everyone.
- Roark defends himself. He doesn't cross-examine anyone, and his entire defense is to show 10 photos of the temple.
More on The Fountainhead