Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part 2, Chapter 6
- With the money from the awesome Enright House, Roark reopens his office.
- His pal Austen Heller swings by and invites Roark to a cocktail party. Heller says that a dude named Joel Sutton will be there, and he's interested in hiring Roark.
- Roark isn't down with parties or with courting clients, but he agrees to go since Heller is his friend.
- The party is filled with lots of rich snotty people.
- Dominique is there, and she meets Roark-The-Architect—as opposed to Roark-The-Dude-Who-Works-In-A-Quarry—for the first time.
- It's pretty awkward, and the two act like they don't know each other.
- Dominique lets slip that she finds Roark good-looking, and Toohey overhears her and jumps all over that piece of juicy gossip.
- Dominique plays it cool, though.
- Toohey spends the night watching Roark carefully.
More on The Fountainhead