The Fountainhead Part 3, Chapter 3
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part 3, Chapter 3
- Dominique goes to see Wynand in his office.
- They connect instantly. Interesting.
- Wynand tells Dominique right off the bat that he owns a naked statue of her, thanks to his pal Ellsworth Toohey, who is apparently an art dealer in his spare time.
- Wynand and Dominique also talk about how he fired her.
- They're both pretty cynical and abrupt with each other. Match made in heaven.
- Dominique flat out offers to sleep with Wynand if he'll give Keating the job.
- Wynand isn't shocked, but he is surprised she came out and said it so bluntly.
- Wynand proves he's an amateur mind-reader and says he knows why Dominique made the offer: because it disgusts her.
- She's surprised at his insight.
- Yeah, sexual relations in this novel aren't exactly traditional.
- Later the Keatings and Wynand have dinner together.
- Wynand offers Keating the job in exchange for Dominique.
- Well, that's different. And Keating doesn't seem terribly upset.
- Dominique and Wynand ditch Keating and go to Wynand's private art gallery.