The Fountainhead Part 3, Chapter 8
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part 3, Chapter 8
- The first few months of marriage are pretty peaceful and happy for Dominique and Gail.
- Dominique stays at their penthouse, and Wynand doesn't want her to go out; he likes to be alone with her.
- Dominique realizes she's happy. Uh oh. Dominique doesn't want to be happy.
- She gives a ridiculous and fake interview to a Banner writer named Sally Brent.
- Wynand fires Sally for doing it, and she goes to work for New Frontiers.
- Dominique drags Wynand to a horrible play.
- He admits he hated it but says something about how the pain only "went down to a certain point," which echoes what Roark said to Dominique once.
- She freaks, and Gail and Dominique have a long and tense discussion about their lives and their selves.
- Dominique tells Wynand that they are both traitors.
- Wynand doesn't totally disagree, but he says he doesn't believe in the idea of perfection. There's no such thing, according to Wynard, as an honorable man.