The Fountainhead Part 4, Chapter 1
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part 4, Chapter 1
- Here's Part 4, titled Howard Roark.
- In New England, a random young guy on a bicycle sees a resort designed by Roark, and it inspires him to keep on going in life.
- It's 1935 now.
- We flashback to how Roark designed the inspirational resort in Monadnock Valley.
- The commission for the place was a bit suspect, but Roark is too excited to care.
- The project asked for Roark to design vacation cabins for lower middle class families who couldn't normally afford a nice vacation.
- Roark liked this design challenge and quickly assembled his cracker-jack team to work on the project.
- Roark lived in a cabin with his crew (Mallory, Mike) while working on the resort, and it was fun times for all.
- The resort is finished and is very successful.
- But then it turned out that the board wanted the resort to fail so they could pocket the money.
- Mallory is all mad on Roark's behalf, but Roark says he doesn't care. The resort still got built, and it's actually quite successful.
- Flashback over, everyone.
- We're back in 1936, and Wynand asks Roark for a meeting. Ooh, this sounds ominous.