The Fountainhead Part 4, Chapter 8
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part 4, Chapter 8
- Keating and Roark meet and come to an understanding of sorts.
- Roark will design the housing project for the joy of the work and the design challenge it poses (to make affordable and beautiful homes for lower income tenants).
- Keating promises he'll fight for Roark's design and understands Roark's love for his work now—Keating will get credit but no joy from the process.
- He shows Roark his paintings, and Roark is honest about them not being very good.
- Keating's long-held desire to become an artist is pretty much dead in the water now.
- Keating leaves, and Roark feels disgusted about pitying him.