The Girl on the Train Chapter 28
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Anna and Tom have been fighting about Rachel… again.
- Turns out Anna threw the note away and never told Tom about it because of course she did.
- So Tom says that Anna is acting just like Rachel used to. Burn.
- This is the biggest insult for Anna because Rachel is a stupid doodie face and Anna is beautiful and smart and amazing, so there.
- Tom leaves to go to the gym, and Anna goes right back to typing in passwords on his laptop.
- She gets in, but she doesn't find anything exciting.
- However, she does find Tom's gym bag under the bed. Thing is, he's been gone an hour and hasn't come back for it. That's fishy.
- Oh, it's not just fishy, it's a whole freaking aquarium of weirdness because Tom has a secret mobile phone in his gym bag.
- Anna finds a charger that fits it and brings the phone back to life.
- It's filled with text messages of "times and dates, mostly" (28.20). It's basically a digital record of appointments… but appointments with whom?
- Anna assumes Tom has been secretly rendezvousing with Rachel.
- Tom comes home drunk, and Anna hides the secret phone before Tom takes her to bed.
- Early the net morning, Anna creeps downstairs and gets the phone.
- She calls the voicemail and listens to the voicemail greeting.
- It's not Tom's phone—it's a woman's voice on the outgoing message. (But which woman?)
- Before Anna can do anything, though, the light comes on upstairs. Tom is awake.
The Girl on the Train Chapter 28 Study Group
Ask questions, get answers, and discuss with others.
Tired of ads?
Join today and never see them again.