The Girl on the Train Chapter 9
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- It's the day after we last saw Rachel.
- She's exhilarated by this hunt for clues to Megan's disappearance.
- "I feel like myself—the myself I used to be" (9.1), she says. Wow—for Rachel's sake, girls should disappear more often.
- Rachel spends an hour talking to D.I. Gaskill and telling him about the man she saw Rachel with that day on the train.
- But she still wants to know what happened the night of her blackout.
- She does research on hypnotherapy, wondering if it will help her.
- That night Rachel rewards herself with a drink… or seven. We're not sure how many, but by the time Saturday rolls around, she's sent a couple drunken e-mails she shouldn't have.
- The first was to Tom, of course.
- In that e-mail, Rachel orders him to tell Anna to get off her back. That'll go over well…
- Rachel tells us that the story she told the police the other day wasn't exactly true.
- She took Anna's baby on purpose, not to calm it down from crying, but she doesn't exactly know why she did it.
- Ever since then Anna's wanted her arrested for kidnapping. Gee, we wonder why.
- Rachel's second drunk e-mail was to Scott.
- In it, she lied and said she knew Megan from the art gallery.
- Scott responds, giving Rachel his phone number and asking her to call him.
- She does, and Scott wants to talk in person.
- She makes plans to see him that night.
The Girl on the Train Chapter 9 Study Group
Ask questions, get answers, and discuss with others.
Tired of ads?
Join today and never see them again.