The Glass Castle Part II, Chapter 11
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part II, Chapter 11
- Soon after Maureen is born, the family flees Blythe for a new town called Battle Mountain. Sounds friendly.
- The fam rents a U-Haul, even though we had no idea they had enough furniture to fill a U-Haul.
- The kids have to sit in the back with the furniture.
- When the truck hits a bump, the doors swing open, and Brian almost flies out.
- The kids cower in fear until a passing car honks and flashes at Dad.
- Dad pulls over and locks the back door, telling the kids they're lucky the passing driver wasn't a cop, or he'd have put the kids in jail.
- We don't think that's how it would have panned out, Dad.