The Glass Castle Part II, Chapter 12
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part II, Chapter 12
- The family moves into a small wooden building in Battle Mountain.
- Because they have no furniture (umm, what happened to all the furniture in the U-Haul?), they use wooden spools for tables and chairs, and the kids sleep in big cardboard boxes.
- What are they missing? A piano, of course.
- Dad buys a piano from a saloon and rigs up some ropes and pulleys to get it inside.
- But Mom, who can't drive, slams on the accelerator and drags the piano into the house—and right back out of the house again.
- Mom and Dad leave the piano in the backyard, right where it landed. Mom is happy playing piano outside.