Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part II, Chapter 19
- Mom is rolling in dough with cash from her teacher job. This is the only time you will ever see that sentence.
- Going from $0 a week to anything feels like the fam is flush with cash. Except they still feel like they have zero bucks, because Dad takes it all.
- Dad blames Mom, saying she spends money on art supplies, but no one sees any new paints or Bob Ross DVDs around the house.
- One day after school, Brian and Jeannette walk by the Green Lantern.
- But Brian doesn't want to wave to Ginger, the woman outside.
- Brian says Ginger's dumb, because one time, Ginger and Dad spent the night together. So that's where all the money is going.
- Brian was with Dad and Ginger, reading a comic book in the other room of a hotel suite.
- After Dad and Ginger were done, Dad made Brian give Ginger his comic book, even though she can't read.
- Brian thinks that with all Ginger's money, "she should buy her own darn comic book" (2.19.36).
More on The Glass Castle