The Glass Castle Part II, Chapter 27
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part II, Chapter 27
- Three days later, Dad comes home stinking drunk. That didn't last long.
- Dad smashes the china cabinet, and Mom pulls a knife on him.
- Mom and Dad wrestle. Dad disarms Mom and pins her to the ground.
- Mom starts laughing and hugging Dad. These two are clearly made for each other.
- The family decides to move across the country to West Virginia and live with Dad's mom.
- However, Dad doesn't want to come.
- So Mom decides to go without Dad.
- Mom inherited some land in Texas when her own mom died, and she takes some of the money from the oil drilling rights and buys a used car.
- Mom is a horrible driver, but the kids are excited to get out of Arizona and head across the country.
- At the last minute, Dad decides to get in the car and go with the family. He moves Mom aside and takes the driver's seat.