The Glass Castle Part II, Chapter 3
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part II, Chapter 3
- A few months later, Dad comes home in the middle of the night and tells the family to "leave this s***-hole behind" (2.3.3).
- It's like when Dad took Jeanette from the hospital, but this time he's taking the whole family from their house.
- Well, the whole family minus the cat, Quixote, that is.
- The cat won't sit still in the car, so Dad chucks him out the window.
- Jeannette starts crying, and Mom tells her not to be "sentimental" (2.3.14). Just be mental like the rest of them.
- The family sleeps outdoors that night, and Jeannette's older sister, Lori, thinks they'll live that way forever.