The Glass Castle Part III, Chapter 27
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part III, Chapter 27
- Jeannette packs for New York.
- Mom says she won't be going to the bus station to say goodbye. "Those big farewells are so sentimental" (3.27.11). Yeah, that's Mom. Sentimental.
- But Dad accompanies Jeannette to the station.
- Dad doesn't try to get Jeannette to stay, but he does tell her it won't be easy.
- Dad says she'll always be welcome home. (If they have a home.)
- Jeannette gets on the bus and watches Dad get smaller and smaller as the bus rolls away.