The Glass Castle Part III, Chapter 4
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part III, Chapter 4
- One day after school, Jeannette helps a little lost boy find his way home. Not to Never-Neverland.
- The boy lives in Jeannette's bully's neighborhood.
- The bully's name is Dinitia, and after seeing Jeannette help the boy, Dinitia become friends with Jeannette.
- Erma doesn't want any black people in her house, so Jeannette goes to Dinitia's house, and they do homework together.
- Jeannette doesn't like the way Erma talks about black people, so Jeannette defends her friend at dinner.
- Erma sends Jeannette's "worthless ass" (3.4.30) to the basement without dinner.
- Mom tells Jeannette to keep her mouth shut, even though Jeannette was always told to speak up for her beliefs.
- Jeanette doesn't understand why they have to be hypocrites in Erma's home.