Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part III, Chapter 9
- Jeanette and Brian make a new enemy: Ernie Goad.
- Ernie teases the kids, saying they live in garbage. It hurts because it's true.
- However, Ernie goes too far when he throws rocks through one of the few windows the Walls family actually has.
- Brian and Jeannette come up with a revenge plan: they build a catapult from a mattress, some ropes, and a tree.
- The catapult works, sending an avalanche of rocks on Ernie and his gang.
- Brian and Jeannette do a victory dance on the corpses of their victims.
- Okay, there are no corpses. But there is dancing.
More on The Glass Castle