The Glass Castle Part IV, Chapter 4
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part IV, Chapter 4
- Winter is rough, and Mom breaks down crying in front of Lori, saying that life is hard.
- Jeannette considers dropping out of college to help, but Lori convinces her that that would be the dumbest thing to do.
- After all, Mom and Dad can take care of themselves. They choose not to.
- For example, Jeannette tries to get Mom to sell her land in Texas, but Mom won't.
- So instead of doing anything about their problems, Mom says, "Can't we talk about the movies?" (4.4.7).
- They talk about movies.