The Kill Order Chapter 10
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- As they walk toward the village, Alec reminds Mark that they need to be on the same page. They can't let their emotions get the best of them.
- Yarg, spoken like a hardened soldier.
- Also, the main goal is to protect themselves first, as selfish as that may sound.
- Mark plays the sentimental card, saying it's inhumane to just ignore people who might be dying. But he eventually realizes Alec is totally right, so he agrees to be careful.
- They make their way into the village, and inside there are tons of bodies. Like, everywhere.
- Someone had stored most of them in the Leaner, a large wooden structure meant to protect them from rainstorms.
- A quick scan of the bodies proves that Darnell isn't one of them.
- While walking through the center of the village, Alec starts shouting for people to help them.
- Someone inside a boarded up building tells them that everyone's been inside since the Berg left so that they don't get sick.
- So yeah, the darts are poisonous and killed most of the people.
- Footsteps are heard and they spot Trina. She rushes to Mark to hug him, but Alec stops her because they need to be careful. Reluctantly, she obeys.
- As they follow Trina, they hear screaming: someone's been imprisoned.